Monday, February 6, 2012

Boring Update :)

Yeehaa! It's time for a boring update :D Remember I was feeling a little down about still not having a job that will help me save money? Well, it seems like that might change this month! I'm not sure what the most popular method of getting a job is wherever you might live, but in the Dominican Republic, the most fool-proof, guaranteed way is through contacts. Someone you know tells someone they know to tell someone else to give you a job where they work.

 Well, I moved some of my contacts, and a few days ago,
said person asked me to send them my resume. They still haven't called, but I'm pretty sure the resume thing is just a technicality, since my contact and his contact are very good friends. I'm a little bit scared since I've only ever worked in my family's business, but I'm also very excited, because the job would be in my country's Environmental Ministry. That means valuable experience, lots of learning, and a pretty handsome resume for my Master application :D

 I'm expecting to hear from them within the next weeks, so wish me a lot of luck! And by the way, I AM working in a more interesting post for this week. So don't fall asleep there!

No comments:

Post a Comment