Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just a little bummed...


Today I’m feeling a little disappointed. January has come and gone and I still don’t have another job. I managed to save my goal money either way, but I don’t think it will be sustainable if I don’t get the job on February.

It sort of makes me feel bad; so much of my plan relies on luck. Most of the experiences about living in Sweden that I’ve read, are from people who get a job there, have family living there, already have a dual citizenship, or fell in love with a Swedish person.

I, on the other hand, have to rely a lot on luck. Luck that I get a job that lets me save enough money to be granted a student visa, or luck that I manage to get myself a scholarship; even though I’m not an outstanding student. Luck to be accepted into the university I want to go there, and luck to eventually be good enough in my field that I get myself a job over there. All over again. A lot of what I want is very variable and the world has a tendency to screw up its inhabitant’s plans. 

So yeah. I’m hoping for some luck. 'Cause the part where I'm supposed to do all my human effort is already being done. I really want this to happen. Sweden is where I’m supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment