Sunday, January 29, 2012

How to move to Sweden: Introduction


Nope. I don’t live in Sweden. Not yet, at least. My name is Silly Sweden-Loving Chick and I live in a little island in the middle of the Caribbean. As it turns out, I fell in love with a country 8153 km away from home. And it also turns out I don’t have any ties to Sweden whatsoever, no family, no sambo, not even a job there! Nonetheless, I decided that the marvelous country I want to live in, and will be moving to, is Sweden.

So nope. This won’t be the history of how I already live in Sweden and I tell you how I made it. This will be more of the story of how I will eventually emigrate to the land of Ikea, meatballs and the midnight sun. This will be created while you read, and you’ll be able to share my real-time, ongoing plans and keep me company in all the adventures that’ll result from this (which I’m sure that will be many!).

Therefore, I say “Hej!” and “Välkommen”! If you already live in Sweden, I will absolutely love your input and experiences. If you’re planning to move there, we could share tips and bicker about difficulties or celebrate our little successes. And if you, as me right now, have no relation to Sweden, then you’ll at least be able to laugh a little, be my cheerleader, and see how, hopefully, the Silly Chick achieved her dream! 

1 comment:

  1. Also, remember to press follow and come back once in a while, as I will be updating regularly!

    ReplyDelete