Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The ever elusive Umeå woman and my new job

As you might already guess from my prolonged absence, I’ve been pretty tired lately. And you might guess by the title, this is because I’m finally employed!

I’ve been assigned as an auxiliary civil engineer at the Environmental Ministry. I’ve been here for four weeks already, and the only down side is that I do basically nothing :/ I never knew that being inactive for 8 hours straight could be so emotionally and physically taxing! At some point along the way I plan to get transferred to a more active area that goes accord to my career plans, but since right now I have 0 experience, I’ll stay here until I learn all I can about what this area does (which I can see that won’t be long).

The pay is good for a first job, and it will definitely help my make my monthly saving goal.

Aaaaand, on a Sweden related note, a few days ago when I was leaving the office I saw this woman carrying an Umeå Universitet bag. I got mega excited and decided to go after her, but then a co-worker caught me and started talking, as I saw the golden bag slipping away trough the door :(

So ever since, I’ve been hanging around the first floor in a stalkerish manner, hoping to see that lady again! It would be awesome to have someone in real life to practice Swedish with, so I hope she doesn’t freak out when I finally find her and approach her, ahahha.

I know I haven’t been doing productive posts lately, so this week I’ll sincerely try to write the “HTMTS: Finding your legal niche” one… Maybe that’s the universe’s ulterior purpose of me not having anything to do at my job… The universe wants me to have time to write that! So, I’ll see you soon, and with a brand new useful post!

No comments:

Post a Comment