Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pissed at Ikea


Ikea opened two years ago in my country, and ever since then, it has been my little Swedish sanctuary. The wonderful place I go to feel a little bit more Swedish, looking at all the cool artifacts and eating uncommon BUT tasty things from the store. Aaaand of course, to swim in the decadent deliciousness of Daim chocolate, a crunchy butter almond bar covered in milk chocolate, originally from Sverige <3

So, a few days ago, I read that Ikea had decided to sell only their brand products in the Swedish Store, and how many swedish people living abroad were very angry at the decision, since that store was their easiest source for the foods that they had grown up with.

I, foolishly, felt a little bad for them but thought it wouldn’t affect me whatsoever. Until, last week,
craving my Swedish fix I went to Ikea, and… surprise. No more Daim! No more Daim cake either, my wonderful companion in hard times. I had a Blåbärskaka instead, but it made it no justice.

Daim Cake


Here’s a picture of my birthday Daim cake. It’s not its best photo, but it sure reflects all the wonderful times I spent with Daim.

Goodbye, my chocolatey best friend. May we find each other sometime in the future *wipes tear*.

5 comments:

  1. Right when I read the word "chocolate", someone in another room here said "chocolate" out loud. LOL, I love it when that happens!

    Why do you want to move to Sweden? Is that story in here somewhere? I'd love to read about it!

    ~Squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for dropping by :D
    Yes, those coincidence are so funny :D

    I wrote the summarized version of why I want to move to Sweden here: http://howtomovetosweden.blogspot.com/2012/02/htmts-reason-aka-how-i-fell-in-love.html
    I plan to make a more detailed post about the specific things I love, but that will be further along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.I.P. my fellow at arms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Im going to miss it if it's been discontinued here too. It's possible to get Diam elsewhere, but it's so much more expensive, and difficult to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought of ordering it online, but haven't actually tried yet :O I wonder if it would be alright with my courier...

    ReplyDelete